Saturday, March 25, 2017

Home
By: Kenya Gossett

“I have given you every place on which the sole of your foot treads.” Joshua‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭AMP‬‬

2 years ago, I moved from my home of 21 years: the place where I built a foundation, my security, beautiful memories and a family. I lost my church, my best friends and everything I held dear due to circumstances that were not of my doing. I went from what was comfortable, to walking in a desert, before I could even mentally understand what just happened. I was now in a place that I still lived half of my life in, so it wasn't foreign. Yet, to me it felt so unfamiliar. 
It was new. Uncomfortable. Dry. Lonely. The first time I was within the borders of one state.

It was hard to see or even comprehend that the hand of God was on this new territory that I was treading on. How could He make this beautiful? Because in the natural, it was a mess. 

Well, that's the awesome thing about our God, is that He works ALL things out for the good to those who love Him. He turns curses into blessings and He makes a chaotic mess, into beautiful peace. 

It took me 2 years to find contentment and to finally see sprouts from the seeds I planted by faith. As confusing as it was to lose so much, I was determined to fix my gaze on The One who makes all things new. I let Jesus make a home in my heart, so that no matter where He took me, I had Him and that's all that mattered. 

Fast forward to present time: God has restored everything that I lost and most importantly, I have found myself. It has all worked out. I just had to choose to develop a greater dependency on God and stop allowing my mind to live in the past. I chose to conquer and own every place my foot stood upon! 

So I've said all of this to encourage those who may be feeling misplaced. Grow where you are planted and know that there is great purpose wherever you are currently living. God can use anyone who is willing. You don't need to move, or be on the mission field to be radical and content. Find joy in serving God where you are, because if you're not happy now with just doing life with Jesus and trusting Him everyday with your future, you will never be happy. 

Make the most out of this season. Make your heart a home for the presence of God to dwell. Be so possessed with Jesus, that every time you walk on the scene, other people are getting wrapped with His love. Put your pain aside for the moment, and open your eyes to the pain that is all around you. You are somebody's breakthrough. Just be willing to plant seeds. Sometimes we can get so wrapped up in ourselves, that we completely miss what The Holy Spirit is wanting to do in us and through us. 

So maybe for you, life doesn't make sense right now, but running from it is not the answer. If you would by faith, apply everything that I just encouraged you in, you too will discover the hope and freedom that I now have. It will all fall into place. You will find your forever home in Jesus, and suddenly it will all make sense. I promise. 

Trust Him. For Such A Time As This.

No comments:

Post a Comment